Resources for Evaluation Planning
THANK YOU for participating in It’s Not the Plan, It’s the Planning: Strategies for Evaluation Plans and Planning at the American Evaluation Association Summer Evaluation Institute.
Haven’t taken the course? Contact me to bring the course to you!
Here are resources specific to evaluation planning, many of which I mention during the course:
QUESTION BANKS FOR EVALUATION PLANNING:
- For planning the evaluation project itself
- For catalyzing ideas for developing program evaluation questions
EVALUATION PLAN TEMPLATES:
- “An international collaboration to improve evaluation practice and theory by sharing information about options (methods or tools) and approaches.”
- Loads of free content uniquely organized. You can search for content based on their Rainbow Framework that “organizes 200+ evaluation options into 7 clusters of evaluation tasks” as well as search by evaluation approach.
- Includes links to a Template for Evaluation Plan, and the BetterEvaluation Planning Tool.
Includes sections on:
- Evaluation Designs
- Examples Activities
- Example PLans
- Evaluation Resources
- Click on Evaluation for most of the available resources. “Evaluation is a core function of University of Wisconsin-Extension Cooperative Extension with support provided by the Program Development and Evaluation Unit (PDE).”
- Free Quick Tips “provide the faculty and staff of Cooperative Extension with easy-to-use, practical suggestions for improving their program development and evaluation practices. They are generally one or two pages in length, free of confusing jargon and based on basic, solid principles of program development and evaluation. Each suggests sources for further reading for people who are interested in greater detail.”
- Quick Tips are organized in categories: Plan your evaluation, Collect information, Analyze & interpret information, Communicate results, Improve your evaluation quality, and Retrospective post-then-pre.
- “The Evaluation Center is committed to advancing the theory, practice, and utilization of evaluation through research, education, service, and leadership.”
- Home of the free Evaluation Checklists, “to improve the quality and consistency of evaluations and enhance evaluation capacity through the promotion and use of high-quality checklists targeted to specific evaluation tasks and approaches.”
ARTICLES WITH GOOD INFORMATION ON EVALUATION PLANNING:
- Includes a set of questions on evaluation planning as well as explanations of different types of evaluation
SAMPLE RFPS FOR CASE STUDY:
- Action for Healthy Kids RFP
- Appalachian Regional Commission RFP
- Grow Pittsburgh RFP
- High School Financial Planning Program RFP
- Sojourner Family Peace Center RFP
- We are New York (WANY) Program Evaluation and Ethnography RFP